WALP Helps You Succeed in Business... Start Taking Advantage of the Benefits of Membership!
1. Network to Increase Your Net Worth. Every contact you make is a potential asset to you and your business. Through WALP’s local events and activities, including:
Annual Conference and Tradeshow
WALP Online Membership Directory & Enclosed Supplier List
Member…Connect mentor program
Make valuable career connections and be presented with outstanding opportunities to network with other Landscape Industry contemporaries from throughout Washington State. Whether you’re looking for peer support or product information, WALP is here to help.
2. Increase Your Market Value with High-Impact, Exceptional Training. No matter how busy you are, you and your staff need to take time out to invest in your professional advantage. As Industry members, we need to be trained, knowledgeable, and competent.
WALP’s educational seminars and Landscape Industry Certified Programs provide the necessary education and training.
The ecoPRO Sustainable Landscape Professional Certification Program is the first program to provide sustainable land care education and certification to landscape professionals across Washington State.
Certification also enables you to upgrade the status and professionalism of your business through these incredible programs. Take advantage of them!
3. Your WALP Membership Saves You Money. As a WALP member, you receive access to and are able to enjoy discounts on a variety of services. By joining with other WALP members, you can help your bottom line!
Member X-Change platform through which members can buy, sell, or trade with other members
Supervised Fuels Co-Op
Medical insurance through WALP insurance provider members
Workman’s comp provided through the Washington Farm Bureau’s Retro/Safety Program
Transworld Systems collection services
Durkee & Hennessey legal consultation
PROforma competitive commercial printing and promotional products
4. Keep in Touch with Industry Opportunities, Trends, & Developments.
Bi-monthly Northwest Landscape Professional (print & electronic)
Weekly WALP Wednesday (electronic)
5. Build Consumer Awareness of and Confidence in Your Business. Belonging to a professional trade association provides greater consumer confidence.
Environmental Landscape Award Program showcases the talent and skill of WALP members and is a wonderful tool for marketing and public relations.
Reinforce the buying decision by displaying the WALP membership decal in your window, the membership certificate on your wall, and using the WALP logo on your business cards and advertising materials.
6. Be Represented. WALP plays an instrumental role in shaping public policy and representing the Landscape Industry’s interests. WALP monitors issues crucial to the wellbeing of the Industry. Adverse legislation and regulation has been modified and/or prevented as a result of WALP’s work.